Your drains are very important and they do a big job in your home. If your drains are not working properly, it can cause a backup in your home. This can be a costly repair, and it can also be a big cleanup if the backup was large enough. Cleaning out your drains is important. Read on for reasons why cleaning your drains is important and for drain cleaning and care tips.
Why Drain Cleaning Is Important
Cleaning your drains allows the drains to be able to get rid of water and waste, taking it away from your home and to the main sewer line outside of your home. The waste in your drains needs to be moved out. If it stays in your drains, you may experience foul odors that could potentially be harmful to your health. If it stays in your drains, it may also end up backing up into your home, which can also be hazardous and dangerous for your health. Cleaning up your home after a backup is something that needs to be done carefully and thoroughly to prevent illness from spreading through your home from the bacteria in the wastewater.
What Are Signs Of A Clogged Drain
If you haven't had your drains cleaned out in a while or you haven't ever had them cleaned out, you may very well have clogged drains and not even realize it. Some signs of clogged drains include:
- Gurgling noises
- Slow or sluggish draining
- No draining at all
- Leaking around exterior clean-out systems
- Water backing up in interior drains
If you have these issues, you most likely have a clog, or the beginning of a clog, in your home. Have your drains cleaned out by a professional drain cleaning company to prevent a messy backup in your home.
How To Care For Your Drains
To help you prevent issues with a clogged drain, use the tips below to help you care for the drains in your home.
- Only allow water and waste into the drains. Using drain stops can help prevent this from happening.
- Use one-ply toilet paper and only flush toilet paper. Things like wipes, diapers, paper towels, and feminine products shouldn't be put into the toilet.
- Use your garbage disposal properly by not putting anything too hard into the disposal. Putting hard items in the disposal could clog or break your disposal.
- Have a clean-out installed outside of your home to help you clear out clogs further out in your main drain pipe. It prevents any damage to your toilet or other drains in your home.
Cleaning your drain is an important task as a homeowner. Hire a professional to have your drains cleaned out today and prevent a messy problem.